Diploma 3 of Civil Engineering is one of many study programs in Universitas Gadjah Mada which carry out vocational education. This study program focuses on graduating skillful human resources in applied civil engineering field. In a brief, the objectives of Diploma 3 of Civil Engineering are:
- Becoming a national outstanding institution in the field of civil engineering education by graduating skillful human resources who are:
- possessing competitive competences, able to work professionally by upholding respective moral and ethics, and adaptive to the development of knowledge and technology.
- able to work professionally by following the standards of civil engineering operation.
- Providing high quality services to meet the public demands of applied education and research.
Diploma 3 of Civil Engineering of Vocational College, Universitas Gadjah Mada has been successfully graduating human resources possessing advanced competences, as follows:
- Capability of analyzing and planning civil construction work,
- Capability of designing, shop drawing, and building civil constructions,
- Capability of mastering and understanding as well as implementing civil construction design into real buildings,
- Capability of supervising and controlling (quality control) on civil constructions,
- Capability of creating contract documents, Bill of Quantity, Budget Planning, and Time Table of Project Duration,
- Capability of being discipline and performing good communication skills and team work.
Referring to the tracer study in 2007, the graduates will get job within 3 months after graduation. The graduates can work in governmental institutions and private institutions. On the other hand, the graduates may pursue higher degree of education.
The mentioned below are some of many institutions where most of the graduates of Civil Engineering Diploma Program are working at:
- Minsitry of Public Works
- Ministry of Transportations
- National Development Planning Bureau (BAPPENAS)
- Public Works Bureau
- Mineral Water Industry
- Transportations, Communication, and Informatics Bureau
- City Construction Bureau
- Regional Development Planning Bureau
- Regional Environment Control Bureau (BAPEDALDA)
- Civil Construction Companies : PT. Wijaya Karya, PT. Perwita Karya, PT. Waskita Karya, PT. Adi Karya,
- Pembangunan Perumahan, PT. Pembangunan Jaya, dll.
- Manufactures: PT. Karya Beton, PT. Krakatau Steel, PT. Toyota Astra, dll.
- Mining Industries : PT. Pama Persada, PT. United Tractor, PT. Trakindo Utama, Schlumberger, PT. BUMA, PT. Aneka Tambang, PT. Bukit Asam, dll.
- Civil Consultant : PT. Tri Patra Engineering, PT. Wiratman, PT. HERDA, PT. Encona, PT. CEEC, dll.
- Telecommunication companies,
- Angkasa Pura,
- Pelabuhan Indonesia (Pelindo).