Indonesian International Student Mobility Award (IISMA) for Vocational Students or IISMA Edisi Vokasi is a program to enable students to experience study and internship abroad for one semester under the scheme of Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka equals 20 Credits (MBKM 20 SKS). This program is organized by the Perguruan Tinggi Pelaksana Pendidikan Vokasi (PTPPV) and funded by LPDP.
The objectives of IISMA Edisi Vokasi are:
- To provide the ability for PTPPV students to improve their analytical thinking skills, leadership, and international networks by attending education abroad.
- To provide opportunities for PTPPV students for collaborative learning with industry and enable students to get work experience and industry/business insights.
- To implement the “Freedom of Learning” or Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) program where PTPPV students are given the freedom to take courses and self-development activities according to the field of science currently being taken and in accordance with the applicable requirements of college abroad, soft skills, leadership skills, and entrepreneurship.
In accordance with the objectives of IISMA Edisi Vokasi, the student participants are allowed to choose one of the three offered schemes:
1. Industrial Experience Program
This scheme focuses on learning experiences in the industry, such as doing internships or getting directly involved with practical work.
2. Class-based Learning + Industrial Experiences
This scheme is a combination of classroom learning and industry experiences such as short-term internships, industrial case studies, or industrial visits.
3. Class-based Industrial Learning
This scheme builds a program with learning methods by presenting industry practitioners in the classroom. Industry practitioners who are in accordance with their expertise will deliver learning materials according to their experiences in the industry.
EXPECTED AREAS OF STUDY AND MAJORS AVAILABLE
IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022 offers 400 quotas of student participants/awardees all over Indonesia. There are 10 expected areas of study where students can apply for. Students from study backgrounds similar or related to the mentioned expected areas of study are very welcome to apply. Meanwhile, students from different study backgrounds can also apply for IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022 as long as their study programs intersect with the 10 expected areas of study.
There are 46 Universities partnering with IISMA Edisi Vokasi. Each student can pick 2 majors/Host Universities when registering for IISMA Edisi Vokasi.
To apply for IISMA Edisi Vokasi, students must have the following eligibility criteria:
1. Active Student of Diploma 3 (Semester 4) and Diploma 4 or Applied Undergraduate Program (Semester 4 and Semester 6)
2. Indonesian citizens
3. Proficient in English Language (proven by English Proficiency Certificate)
TOEFL iBT: 70;
4. Qualified in academic with minimum GPA 3.0 of 4.0 scale (proven by Academic Transcript in English)
Students can register themselves by system on www.iivosma.kemdikbud.go.id starting from 27 April 2022.
Please see this timeline to know more about when and how the process is running!
Awardees of IISMA Edisi Vokasi will benefit the funding from LPDP with the following coverages:
- Registration & Tuition Fee at cost
- Economy Airfare & Visa at cost
- Settlement & Living Allowance, including Accommodation
- PCR, Quarantine & Health Insurance (Cover Covid-19)
- Emergency Fund at cost
Expenses outside the coverages shall be borne by the student participants.
DOCUMENTS TO PREPARE AT SEKOLAH VOKASI UGM
To be permitted to register for IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022, students must understand the objectives, requirements, and application procedures completely. Students shall read and comprehend the information about IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022 including the host university, majors, and the program schemes on the website. Students are encouraged to discuss their intention to participate in IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022 with the Academic Supervisor, Head of Study Program, and Head of Department.
Furthermore, The Head of Department should issue a Recommendation Letter to show that the students are permitted to apply for IISMA Edisi Vokasi.
Students, besides registering yourself through the IISMA Edisi Vokasi web system, please also submit the copy of the following documents to KUI Sekolah Vokasi UGM by filling in the link: http://ugm.id/IISMAVOSV. The Recommendation Letter from the Head of Department will be our reference to consider students’ application.
Documents to submit internally at Sekolah Vokasi UGM:
- Recommendation Letter from Head of Department (download the template here);
- Statement Letter signed by the student and his/her parents/guardian with duty stamp (download the template here).
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
To register for IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022, students need to prepare and submit at least the following documents:
- Indonesian Citizenship ID Card (KTP)
- Colorized Photograph
- Certificate of Achievements (Regional, National, or International) if any
- Academic Transcript in English;
- English Proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL-iBT/Duolingo/TOEIC) issued by eligible organizations;
*)The other documents can be generated from the web system (the templates/forms are available to download once the system opens)
Students shall register for IISMA Edisi Vokasi 2022 through its official application/web system.
Students are encouraged to check on the IISMA Edisi Vokasi website for the updated list of documents to submit and the template of some of the mentioned documents.
For further information and inquiries, please go to www.iivosma.kemdikbud.go.id !